Wednesday 17 February 2016

Late Afternoon Tea At Sketch

At the beginning of this year, I took the plunge and made a reservation at Sketch, as a break free from revision and with my sister in tow. I'd been lusting to go there ever since I'd seen the powdery pink room with its trifle sponge finger seats (which seemed straight out of a Prada candy advert) featured on many a blog. The afternoon tea itself was gorgeous and rich consisting of creamy pastries, caviar and quail egg assorted sandwiches, mini paninis and dreamy gateaux's. This was all finished off with warm scones and clotted cream. I have to confess I needed to request a doggy bag. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to take the recommended bathroom selfie in the egg pod toilets, as I had smashed my phone the week before, so hopefully, I'll manage to re-visit, although David Shrigley's creation may be handed over in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment